Black Sun Rise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Sun Rise

A Massachusetts Airsoft Group

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on SAW

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime1/31/2010, 7:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime1/31/2010, 8:16 pm

The A&K is becoming the most popular SAW due to its price. The second reason is due to the amount of upkeep you will have to do to any SAW. The idea is that if the saw is used properly you are going to beat on it pretty good and have to replace a lot of parts over time anyway.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime1/31/2010, 9:29 pm

haha no shit it's the most popular, it takes twenty search pages on google to find a dealer that isn't out of stock. (<$300)
Back to top Go down
Doc Skyttlez
O-10 General
O-10 General
Doc Skyttlez

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: well   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 7:39 am

I agree with brazzy, it is a lot of work, but if you're determined, go for it, I just don't want to hear poor me cause you are constant taking it apart to fix it
Back to top Go down
http://blacksunrise.tk
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:24 pm

trust me you won't be hearing poor me from this direction, you may, however hear a stream of explitives.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 7:01 pm

They are very frustrating. I would get together with a good airsmith and let them give you a course on airsoft upgrades and repairs. One of the key traits an airsoft SAW gunner will need is the ability to trouble shoot and repair their weapon, as it will probably need more attention than your standard AEG.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 8:32 pm

think training as an auto mechanic will help at all? cause that's what i'm going to school for.
Back to top Go down
Doc Skyttlez
O-10 General
O-10 General
Doc Skyttlez

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: hmm   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 8:47 pm

im not sure, i wouldn't think so but basically knowing your gun inside and out and how certain parts work will help
Back to top Go down
http://blacksunrise.tk
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 9:02 pm

i'm just hoping that it'll be fine for a while... should be showing up within the next couple days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 9:14 pm

They are not overly complex, but an hour or so with an airsmith can show you a lot of simple tips and tricks that will not only keep it up and running, but keep it bad ass.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:04 pm

gotta be so knowledgeable, putting us all to shame.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:10 pm

Nah, just looking forward to getting to see you guys at a game soon. Collectively you guys show a lot of promise and have taken the initiative to get into the shit. I Love it. I love the idea that you guys have been playing the game, but have seen that the game has been around for a long time and there are very knowledgeable people whether with a military/police, or straight airsoft back ground. Taking all of it in will help you dominate those who refuse to listen and adapt. Cant wait til you guys go to an event with over 200 people and there are people there talking about you guys saying "holy shit they steam rolled us". Its a good feeling. You have the right attitude to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:29 pm

that's all well and good, but i'm worried about my bank account, i was looking at your site, it would take me like 6 months to be able to pay for the minimum loadout of a SAW gunner. i'd love to be on that kind of a team but i can't afford it, i can't afford the minimum for a rifleman ffs. i suppose it'll easier once i'm out of school but still, it's gotta take it's toll. any kind of guesstimation on what you spend a year on this kind of stuff?
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:32 pm

Well we also have a ton of team discounts. We dont really pay retail price for anything.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:36 pm

that would make it easier... you guys should try and make a minimum loadout package in your shop section, at least the equipment, i understand not having the guns and such there. be easier to put a price tag on membership that way.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:42 pm

Well its not meant to put a price tag on membership per se. Its more of a we all look the same, we all operate the same. Its not as expensive as you think. Upon receipt of an app we'll give people where to get the stuff from and how to get it.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:45 pm

i didn't mean it in so much as you must pay this to join i meant it as how much is this gonna run me for just the basic loadout?

also, about the sidearm, does it need to be a semi-auto pistol or could you use a machine pistol like a tmp or miniuzi?
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:51 pm

I feel you bro. As for side arm. It does not HAVE to be semi auto, but it has to be capable of semi auto. Basically at most local and national events, indoors the rules are semi auto fire only. So as long as the gun as a working selector switch that allows semi auto fire you are ok. So yeah an Mp7 is OK. Most of use use TM, WE, or Western Arms Gas blow back pistols as our secondarys. I do have a TM G18c aep. Its my secondary for cold weather, so that type of thing is OK. Its just that in the type of environments we typically play in, we have a lot of close encounters. Its good to have a reliable pistol.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/3/2010, 12:01 am

definately gonna have to wait a couple years before i can seriously consider trying to get onto your team... damn shame cause i really love skirmishes, all i can do around where i live is try and find four or five kids to go out into the woods on the weekend, and no one around here is as serious about it as i am, which is also not helpful when you're trying to play a competitive game while you have a high quality weapon and they spent $20 on theirs. hopefully this team will get me in the action some more though.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/3/2010, 12:16 am

All you have to do is show up. Most local games are $20 - $25 for a day of bamfness. If you do go make sure you find me before the game. I also hang out a battlegrounds a bit as well as a bunch of my guys from my team. Some good operators to learn from hang out there.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime2/3/2010, 7:43 am

if i ever get to one of those games i'll look for you.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime3/12/2010, 8:21 pm

Two weeks ago I picked up a used A&K M249 Para. The gun had work done to it by Raider from the Horsemen before he left for basic and has not been used since. Picked it up for $150. I did some work on it and it is nearly complete. The gun has Torque up gears and is beautifully shimmed and greased. New piston and piston head. The box mag has been rewired to fire on trigger pull and not on sound. I also rewired the gun with better wiring and installed a top notch MOSFET with an active breaking system which caused a huge jump in the reaction time, and rate of fire. I will be swapping out a Guarder SP 150 and SP 130 spring at events when I chrono to stay at SAW field limits. I think the A&K motor is a bit sub par so I still need to swap that out. I have a G&P M140 motor on the way. Currently the gun with the M130 spring absolutely RIPS. Super fast high ROF, have yet to chrono it, but by the soda can test I would say in the 390 range with .25gr BBs. The 150 will put it over the top at most events, but I need the 150 spring because many events allow SAWs to shoot 430 fps and when you are forced to use BIO BBs it will drop the FPS. I also installed a vertical grip and removed the bi pod while covering the fore grip with textured flat black paint and added an EOtech. I think the new motor will really make this gun come together. Some pictures to come.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime3/12/2010, 9:45 pm

damn... that's a lot of upgrade work... and that's a really good price to pick one up for, the lowest i've seen one for sale was $238, but that was an MKII not a para and it was new. you should try putting one of those grip/bipod things on it. or you could get a barrel mounted bipod... SAWs just don't look complete without a bipod.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime3/12/2010, 10:15 pm

I have a gr-pod and could reinstall the bi-pod if I wanted but its becoming more and more common for the para to not have it. I mean its only 5.56/.223 rounds for real steal and for airsoft the bi-pod is rarely used. There is nothing wrong with it I just chose to not use it.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime3/12/2010, 11:11 pm

personally i really don't like the look of the para, the stock is ugly and barrel looks disproportionally short.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions on SAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on SAW   Opinions on SAW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on SAW
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Sun Rise :: Gear :: Questions, Opinions, and Setups-
Jump to: