Black Sun Rise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Sun Rise

A Massachusetts Airsoft Group

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wiring problems/upgrades

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

wiring problems/upgrades Empty
PostSubject: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime5/17/2010, 11:04 pm

ok first things first, my gun is having what i'm guessing to be wiring issues, when i have the gun on semi it fires bursts of about a second long, which can be up to 15 rds with my ridiculous rate of fire, i've heard this happens with bad wiring so i'm guessing that's what the problem is but i figure you would know better as you do all your own wiring.

and as for upgrades, i've got a decent summer job and nothing to spend the money on so i'm gonna be doing an overhaul and i'd like to see if the parts i picked out are worth it so please give me your opinions on all of this.

gear set:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6251

general upgrade set:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2969

guarder spring: (to stay within field limits)
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1071

motor:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3906

motor plate: (the adjustment screw on mine likes to come loose during games)
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4752

TBB:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1233

hop-up bucking:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4177

i'm gonna be doing a shim job and get metal bushings but i'm not certain what size mine are so i'll be checking that out as well.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime5/17/2010, 11:08 pm

oh i had my gun chronoed a couple days ago, it's shooting 270-280 with .25s and is a large part of the reason why i want it upgraded.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime5/18/2010, 9:41 pm

The issue may be a selector switch issue. It could be a cutoff lever or wiring issue too. Cant really tell unless its opened up. Everything there looks good in terms of parts. Only thing that doesnt look good is the gear set. The Ultra torque up gear ration is going to be too high torque for you and your piston will have to be a half tooth piston. Basically speaking those gears are made to run a DMR set up with like an M150-M170 (550 FPS+) semi auto only with not a lot of round going through it. You should be looking at something with a standard gear ratio when using an M120. I would have a good smith look at it first. Out of curiosity what type of gun is it?
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime5/18/2010, 9:48 pm

dboy m4 CASV, i know the upgrade budget is gonna be such that i could just get a new gun but i really like CASV free float rail system and i figure i'd be better off upgrading the shit out of it then trying out other guns and having it be a hit or miss process, are you gonna be at GT june 12?
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime5/19/2010, 5:14 pm

Probably
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime5/19/2010, 11:17 pm

do you think you'd be able to check out the internals while we're there?
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime5/20/2010, 6:48 pm

I dont do work like that other than for myself. Basically if something goes wrong I dont want to be responsible. Talk to Sacslym
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime5/20/2010, 7:20 pm

ok i understand.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime6/14/2010, 10:07 pm

when they advertise fps relating to spring sales do you know what weight they use to test that? or do you know what strength spring would get my gun shooting around 365 with .25s? i'm placing my order for all my upgrade parts tomorrow night so please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime6/15/2010, 10:22 pm

When they state that concept they are stating it in theory. There are many other factors that go into FPS other than the spring. For example. CYMA Ak's with an M120 spring will put your gun over 400 with .25's while most M4s will be at 365 with .25's (to answer your question). Overall its all about compression. The V3 gearbox in a CYma AK compared with the compression of the gearbox and V3 hop up will get you higher FPS out of a lighter spring. However the industry standard is that those FPS ranges they advertise are with .2 gr BBs with a V2 gearbox with pretty good compression. An M120 will put you from 350 -380 with .25's depending on all the other factors. If it is under 330 there may be a compression issue.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime6/16/2010, 10:45 pm

ok thanks, on a side note is there some kind of standard type of radio so that the next time i go to an event i can be in on the comms?
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime6/17/2010, 5:31 pm

Most people have FRS. More experienced guys use VHF.
Back to top Go down
Drakonhawk
O-10 General
O-10 General
Drakonhawk

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime6/22/2010, 11:28 pm

hay brazzy u still selling that m4?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wiring problems/upgrades   wiring problems/upgrades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wiring problems/upgrades
Page 1 of 1