Black Sun Rise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Sun Rise

A Massachusetts Airsoft Group

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wiring issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

wiring issues Empty
PostSubject: wiring issues   wiring issues I_icon_minitime3/21/2010, 8:44 pm

so the gun i got was wired to the front but it has two different connectors, one going to the fuse and tamiya connector and the other going back towards the gearbox, the one going back to the gearbox doesn't have any kind of clip on it so if it gets tugged with more than like 2-3lbs of pressure it disconnects and i have to disassemble the front end of the rifle to re-clip it. i put some scotch tape on it and it seems to be holding better but this is temporary.

what can i do to fix this problem?

also, the positive wire keeps pulling out of the tamiya connector, it's not that much of an issue cause it's easier to reach than the inner wires but again, i don't want to have to keep doing it, is there any way to fix this or am i just gonna have to tough it out?
Back to top Go down
Doc Skyttlez
O-10 General
O-10 General
Doc Skyttlez

wiring issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring issues   wiring issues I_icon_minitime3/21/2010, 9:58 pm

i suggest sautering a ring to the wire, better than scotch tape :p
Back to top Go down
http://blacksunrise.tk
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

wiring issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring issues   wiring issues I_icon_minitime3/21/2010, 11:19 pm

yeah probably more effective lol but i wouldn't know what i was doing.
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

wiring issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring issues   wiring issues I_icon_minitime3/22/2010, 8:52 am

Soldering is always better than tape. I would have to see what you are talking about to see what you would have to do.

When I first get a gun the first thing I do is test it to make sure there are no factory defects. Then I remove the fuse. I solder the two fuse clamps together and shrink wrap it (electrical tape works too). I then remove the tamiya connectors. They are cheap plastic and are a choke point for your current. Problems like the ones your having are common with tamiya. I rewire all my guns with deans connectors.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

wiring issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring issues   wiring issues I_icon_minitime3/22/2010, 8:45 pm

alright well if i ever end up meeting you i'll try and remember to bring it up, chances are if it ends up putting me out of commission for a game i will remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wiring issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring issues   wiring issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wiring issues
Page 1 of 1