Black Sun Rise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Sun Rise

A Massachusetts Airsoft Group

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok Lets talk ammo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakonhawk
O-10 General
O-10 General
Drakonhawk

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/14/2010, 4:15 pm

This is my idea we all pitch in abou 25 or 26 dollars and buy this bulk.
http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-p-524.html
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/14/2010, 4:24 pm

i'm not a fan of black bbs, harder to see when you shoot them, that and they're only .20g
i think we should go with .23g that way our DM could use them without losing too much accuracy, evike sells them in 25kg sacks which should hold around 108700 bbs at .23g each, and it's $250 for the whole sack, they also have other bb weights in different 25kg sacks.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_528&products_id=31274
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/14/2010, 4:29 pm

oh wait i didn't look on that site you posted we could get the same amount and weight but in white...
Back to top Go down
Brazzy

Brazzy

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/14/2010, 5:55 pm

tstonk wrote:
i'm not a fan of black bbs, harder to see when you shoot them, that and they're only .20g
i think we should go with .23g that way our DM could use them without losing too much accuracy, evike sells them in 25kg sacks which should hold around 108700 bbs at .23g each, and it's $250 for the whole sack, they also have other bb weights in different 25kg sacks.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_528&products_id=31274

Looks to be a better choice. You'll want .23-.25g BBs. Use the Evike 15% off coupon code and it'll be cheaper.

100% agreed on black BBs. Setting the hop up on a gun using black BBs is very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/14/2010, 6:14 pm

i only have like 500 whites left, the rest of mine are all black, and they're a different weight so i'll have to adjust the hop-up with them too.
Back to top Go down
Drakonhawk
O-10 General
O-10 General
Drakonhawk

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/15/2010, 9:35 pm

i do agree on the white bbs being easyer to see but not only can you see white bbs the person your shooting can see them. I.e duck
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/16/2010, 6:55 am

most engagements are under 100m anyways so for most of us the bb will get to the target in less than one second so unless the kid has crazy reflexes he's not gonna be able to dodge it, especially a shot on center mass, the most they could do is see where the shot came from, and if you're shooting then you're giving your position away anyways so it's better to be able to accurately adjust your fire and put a couple extra rounds on a guy than miss and never know it.
Back to top Go down
Doc Skyttlez
O-10 General
O-10 General
Doc Skyttlez

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/16/2010, 6:40 pm

yeah i agree with tstonk but the only prob is the other teams sniper might see the bbs
Back to top Go down
http://blacksunrise.tk
Brazzy

Brazzy

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/16/2010, 7:15 pm

I wouldnt worry about it.

As for your DM using light BBs you should go heavier. The heavier the BB the more accurate it is, the less its affected by the environment, and the more stable it is at higher speeds. A true sniper would not use anything under a .36gr BB.
Back to top Go down
tstonk
E-8 Master Sergeant
E-8 Master Sergeant
tstonk

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/16/2010, 7:57 pm

personal experience, i can't see bbs when they aren't coming straight at me, if they're going horizontally or diagonally past me i'll never know they were anywhere near me unless i hear them hit something, and an average sniper would probably be scoped in and not be able to see a large area anyways, so unless they're a good sniper they won't notice, and a good sniper would know your position from the sound from the gearbox anyways, so we might as well have the advantage of being able to see where we're shooting.
Back to top Go down
Doc Skyttlez
O-10 General
O-10 General
Doc Skyttlez

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime3/16/2010, 8:15 pm

Brazzy wrote:
I wouldnt worry about it.

As for your DM using light BBs you should go heavier. The heavier the BB the more accurate it is, the less its affected by the environment, and the more stable it is at higher speeds. A true sniper would not use anything under a .36gr BB.

yeah , but until i upgrade i will prob just practice with .25
Back to top Go down
http://blacksunrise.tk
Sponsored content

Ok Lets talk ammo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Lets talk ammo   Ok Lets talk ammo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok Lets talk ammo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Sun Rise :: Gear :: Questions, Opinions, and Setups-
Jump to: